NitWits Belmont. Experiencing a lice crisis in your family is one of the most stressful moments in your life as a parent. First of all you realize that you know very little about head lice. Furthermore your school nurse thinks you know exactly how to get rid of lice. And you are on a deadline at work, so you don’t have time for a lice crisis!
What are the best ways to treat lice?
1. Obtain a good lice comb.
2. Comb out all nits and bugs.
3. Relax and take a deep breath, head lice are manageable.
4. NitWits Belmont can take care of your head lice crisis if you need help.
NitWits Belmont. Head Lice Dos and Don’ts
- Don’t vacuum your house, launder everything or bag stuffed animals.
- Don’t use pesticide shampoos, lice are now resistant to them.
- Don’t pretend lice will go away on their own. They won’t!
- Do an OMG Lice Conditioner Combing daily until you have 3 clean combouts.
- Do keep your kids hair as short as possible during the school year.
- Do be nice to yourself. You didn’t cause your family to get lice!
NitWits Belmont. Parents often ask us if lice can be killed in the freezer. In fact yes, you can place hair clips, hair elastics, hair brushes, ski helmets and hats in the freezer overnight to kill lice. However lice are rarely present in hairbrushes or on hats or ski helmets. Because lice live on human scalps and are not interested in inanimate objects.
Head lice need a blood meal every 3-4 hours in order to survive, so lice make every effort to stay on the head. In addition, the only place lice can obtain a blood meal is on human scalp skin. In other words a head louse would not be able to get a blood meal on your arm or leg. Because the mouth parts of head lice are specifically adapted to feed on the skin of a human scalp.
Download our free Everything About Head Lice fact sheet